Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Gorgeous Brinjal/Aubergine



This is my first attempt to grow brinjal. It is really satisfying when you see little gorgeous purple color fruits hanging around the plants.

Growing your own brinjal make me feel safer to eat them. 
 
I remember my mother always ask me to peel off the skin of the store-bought brinjal. She said it got too much pesticide on it. Not good for us!
 
Basically, I feel brinjal is quite easy to grow. Not much bugs & inserts are attracted to them. And I do not need to wrap them like cucumber & bitter gourd (fruit flies!!!). No manual pollination is needed too.
 
So give it a try. Brinjal plant can last for quite a long time. I have give away the brinjal 3 times.
 
Let's enjoy the brinjal show!



 


 
 

11 comments:

  1. mmg very easy to grow olive..even kalau u tak jaga pun diorang blh hidup berbuah2..yg kat my house nie jrgn sangat i siram except ms mula2 tanam jer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. sedap kan makan brinjal tanam sendiri...gebu rasa nya..:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, eventhough sometimes buahnya tak cantik but still feel they are precious!

      Delete
  3. Wahh pula ye olive. Seronoknye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks zamzurina! tanam lah. seronok dapat hasil

      Delete
  4. Poor me ,satu2nya pokok brinjal yang survive kt rumh , 2 pon beli kat nurseri , yg tanam gune biji benih x yg success lg...so sad, tanam cili n tomato senng jer tumbh..this is the hardest plant among solanaceae family..give me some guidance plzz *-*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm mine has passed on, so I am left with terung pipit only yang tengah merajuk. Hehe. Beautiful terung you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes brinjal is very easy to grow and they are very heat-drought tolerant plant. I peninglah banyak terung pipit growing like weeds dekat kebun kami ni. Selamat Menjamu Selera :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. hm..i tried 3 times..failed!! tanam pokok lain lah (dah merajuk..)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried planted 5 brinjal plants but only one survived. Still small and not yet flowering. Bilalah nak keluar bunga cik brinjal oooi....

    ReplyDelete