Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pumpkins in the house!



Hurray!! Finally my pumpkin plants bear me fruits. There are total 3 baby pumpkins now. One of them are round while the other two shaped like a bottle. 

Both the male and female flowers of pumpkin have no chance to bloom as they were terribly attacked by fruit flies. They dropped before they have chance to bloom. 

I tried to wrap some of the flowers with plastic bag, hoping that some of them may survive.

I really need to try my luck. The pumpkin plants look so fertile but no fruit. How sad.

So, I come out with an idea to store the successfully bloomed male flower in the fridge. Luckily I had a female pumpkin flower that will be bloomed in 2-3 days I guess.

U know, this really work! The male flower still looks fresh after 3 days kept in the fridge. Of course, I do not want to miss the chance & I hand pollinate them…hehe

Finally I manage to “produce” 3 baby pumpkins. Ehem…





                                 .....(^_^).....

13 comments:

  1. idea yg menarik tu, boleh di tiru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking goods wah so many oooo...
    Mine still only give me female bloom opening huge....but till today no male bloom...wooo...
    Nak simpan male dalam fridge pun tak boleh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tukang Kebun, your case is really weird. U better tanam another pumpkin plant jz to get the male flower. Then u will really get a lot of pumpkins har =)

      Delete
  3. haha. Thanks! BTW, i tiru the idea from florist. Kan they keep their roses inside fridge as well? hehe. After publish posting ini, i ternampak one big female pumpkin flower bloom!! i don have male flower!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah ...very smart er leng lui...3 pumpkins? banyak tuh ..very jeles with u my pumpkin not productive...huhuh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe tq sis. Actually banyak lagi female flowers yg drop :-( But more than one plant actually. Not productive tak apa, ur pumpkin mayb besar o

      Delete
  5. Hai olive, maaf lama tak berkunjung, cuti panjang hehehe..ehh cantik benar 3 pumpkin tu.terutama yg tengah tu.benih dapat mana?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Puteri Purnama! Is okay sis ^_^ Kan u went for holiday. Tq for visit me again. Ya, i also like the middle one. I actually get the semaian from my neighbor. I have no idea wat is the type of pumpkin until it bear me fruit. Macam labu air sayong kan?

      Delete
  6. Hye olive.. First time singgah.. Saya google2 utk cari petola manis @ bantal.. Just nak tanya u ada x benih dia? I nak tanam utk buat ubat.. If ada or if u tau kat mana I boleh dptkan benih petola manis tu, plz email me : tinies134@yahoo.com tq so much olive.. Can't wait to hear from u..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wah..comelnya labu you olive..jelesnya saya..sya tnam labu air pun tak membesar..dapat dimana benihnya olive? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olive, that looks like Fajar. It resembles butternut. Wah nanti boleh enjoy pumpkin grill, glazed with honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cikgu Is. i so glad if is really pumpkin fajar. But i really have no ideal where the seed come from. Grill pumpkin with honey? 1st time i heard abt tis. will giv it a try!

      Delete