Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Joy of Harvest 25/8/2016

 My sambung nyawa batik finally is ready for harvest. I had tried stir fry of purple sambung nyawa before but yet to try the batik one. 
To my surprise, sambung nyawa batik leaves is rougher and less slimy compared to the purple sambung nyawa do.  I thought they both will have similar texture.  I still prefer the purple one.

Sambung nyawa batik has a very unique pattern on the leave surfaces. While the purple sambung nyawa has a very lovely glossy purple color at the back of the leaves.   

 
I have 2 type of Malabar/basella spinach here, the Green one is Basella alba, which features green-stems and green leaves. While the purple one is Basella rubra, with green leaves with pink veins and purplish-stems. 

They started to creep here and there. So I harvested some of it.  Their glossy, broad, green, thick, and mucilaginous leaves look so gorgeous and lively.

 When u combined all the harvest together, u get a bunch of fresh vegetables that enough for simple stir fry. They are nutritious greens with succulent and tender stems.

 


Multilayer blue pea flowers and red cypress flowers share the same rusty fence; 
make it more colorful & cheerful.

8 comments: